I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m not one for New Year’s Resolutions. But, I do like the motivation it inspires. So, here are mine for this year and a follow up on last year’s to see how I did.
First, how did I do last year:
Make a list of 2011 accomplishments
- Blog, as in actually write stuff. I’ve had ‘blogs’ for years (decades?) but just didn’t write in them.
Use Twitter more Use Facebook less
- Brew nearly all the beer I drink, with the exception of the occasional exceptional brew
Go to local breweries more
- Get back into tea and get back into supplementing some of my coffee with it (kinda fell off the bandwagon in 2010)
Get back into running/jogging (kinda fell off that bandwagon about 7 years ago… never got back on)
- Go for more rides on my bikes, both road and mountain
Take one of my many project ideas and actually shove some time into it
- Go on a backpacking trip
Not great, but then not terrible either…
- 2 - I just don’t have a ton to say, I’m going to try to remedy that this year.
- 5 - I didn’t have a method of making larger batches, and didn’t get one until later in the year, hopefully I’ll turn this one around.
- 7 - It just doesn’t (or didn’t) fit into my normal work flow, I’m just so used to coffee.
- 9 - Time, all we need is time.
- 11 - See #9, plus it’d help having someone else to backpack with.
Now for this year’s (in no particular order):
- Blog, as in actually write stuff. I’ve had ‘blogs’ for years (decades?) but just didn’t write in them. [last year’s flop]
- Brew nearly all the beer I drink, with the exception of the occasional exceptional brew. [last year’s flop]
- Go for more rides on my bikes, both road and mountain. [last year’s flop]
- Go on a backpacking trip. [last year’s flop]
- Lose a few pounds and get back into shape
- Finish two of my web projects
- Read more (fiction and non-fiction)
- Less coffee
- Join a local SAR group (Search and Rescue)
- Buy a pistol and get my CCW
What are yours? Did you stick to last year’s? And then there’s this.